The jewel of Marbella’s famous Golden Mile is undoubtedly the most prestigious beach resort in Spain and for many in Europe, Puente Romano Beach Resort. A five-star hotel complex that represents the Marbella paradise of glamour and the most exclusive lifestyle.
Puente Romano, much more than a hotel
Puente Romano is much more than a wonderful ultra-exclusive hotel-resort. You can live, rent and invest in Puente Romano. You can enjoy its lifestyle without being a hotel client, by renting or owning a part of this exquisite Costa del Sol location.
For us, Pure Living Properties, Puente Romano is also our home.
What is Puente Romano in Marbella?
Puente Romano is a collection of ultra-exclusive developments divided into different phases and offering apartments, penthouses and villas for both purchase and rent. It is one of the most prestigious and sought after areas of Marbella and always in high demand.
Why the name Puente Romano Hotel?
The hotel is built around an authentic Roman bridge that formed part of the Via Augusta, the Roman road that connected Cadiz with Rome. The bridge is still in a good state of preservation, despite its age, and can be visited. There are other Roman ruins of great interest in Marbella and in the province.
What areas make up the area of Puente Romano, Marbella?
We can divide Puente Romano into six main areas. They all have in common a low construction height, maximum three floors, security services and lush, exotic gardens. It is also noteworthy that they are designed like a modern Andalusian village, as planned by its first architect, Melvin Villarroel.
1. Puente Romano Hotel Beach Resort. Built in 1974, the hotel has 26 buildings and a total of 190 apartment-suites. Although many are managed by the hotel itself, there is a select group of apartment-suites that operate independently and can be bought or rented. Their great advantage over other phases is that the suites have all the culinary, relaxation and shopping facilities of the hotel very close at hand.
2. Puente Romano Phase 2. This phase is no longer managed as a hotel, but rather as a fully residential development. These properties have a slightly more inland location, but are really only a few minutes walk to the beach. It is a U-shaped complex with manicured tropical gardens and a large swimming pool. The properties range from one to three bedrooms, sizes range from 100 m2 to 136 m2.
3. Marina Puente Romano. This is the largest construction phase of all and is located west of the hotel, comprising of three independent gated urbanisations.
- Japanese Garden (1992) comprising of 13 buildings with a total of 78 apartments and penthouses. This area stands out for its elaborate landscaping at different levels and has been awarded for its originality. Waterfalls, bridges and meandering waterways filled with water lilies and goldfish give the garden an Asian fairytale feel.
- Andaluz Garden (1992) consists of 12 buildings, with a total of 72 apartments and penthouses. Located on the north side of the Tennis Club. The Andalusian style architecture is complemented by touches of Roman and Muslim architecture. The complex is filled with palm trees, fountains, terracotta walkways and beautiful geometric patterned tiles.
- Persian Garden (1986) comprises of 16 buildings, with a total of 96 apartments and penthouses. As its name suggests, it is designed to give an arabesque first impression, with touches very close to the gardens of the Alhambra in Granada. It is full of fountains and irrigation channels that generate a continuous and relaxing sound of water. The garden leads to Marbella’s seafront promenade.
4. Las Terrazas de Puente Romano. Built in 2003, designed by Carlos Lamas, consists of 3 buildings (Cordoba, Granada and Malaga) with 6 units in each block. They are distinguished by having a more vertical design, which allows for spectacular views, but still no more than three floors. Some of the penthouses have private Jacuzzis on the terraces.
5. UNO. It is due for completion in 2024 and will provide a further 70 units ranging from two to five bedrooms. It will have its own Beach Club area and most of the properties will have sea views.
6. Puente Romano Villas. Puente Romano has just a dozen very exclusive villas and only a few are available to purchase or rent. They are designed with spacious interiors, including at least 4 bedrooms, private swimming pool and gardens, parking, sauna and even a gymnasium.
Where is Puente Romano in Marbella?
Puente Romano is located beachside, in the heart of Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile. The official address of is Puente Romano Beach Resort Hotel, Bulevar Principe Alfonso de Hohenlohe, sn, 29602 Marbella, 500 metres from the famous Marbella Club Hotel, the centre of Marbella to the west and Puerto Banús to the east. It also has good connections by sea, road, train and international airports.
What does Puente Romano have to offer?
Whether you are a client of the hotel, an owner or a holiday tenant, Puente Romano offers unrivalled facilities and lifestyle. Social events, galas, concerts, sporting competitions, etc. take place throughout the year and Puente Romano is home to almost twenty top quality restaurants. From Dani García’s famous Bibo to Robert de Niro’s super exclusive Nobu. International fashion boutiques, state-of-the-art gyms and spas, all with an exquisite ambience. It also has the world renowned Puente Romano Tennis Club.
Which areas of Puente Romano have direct access to the sea?
The Puente Romano Hotel, Japanese and Persian Gardens have direct access to the promenade and the beach. UNO, the newest phase of the development, will offer sea views and a new Beach Club.
Rent or buy in Puente Romano?
Renting an apartment or villa in Puente Romano is an excellent option to experience and enjoy the exclusive quality of life the resort has to offer. It is advisable to enlist the help of an agency specialising in both renting and selling in Puente Romano and that your agent knows your requirements. They will be able to advise and assist you effectively throughout the whole process.
Can you buy an apartment-suite in Puente Romano Hotel?
There is a very limited supply of apartment-suites for sale in the hotel, with prices starting from 995,000 euros. These properties are all 1 bedroom units with a surface area of between 45 and 55 m². Owners can enjoy the use of the hotel’s swimming pools as well as the resort’s room-service (always on a pay-as-you-go basis).
How much is a apartment-suite for sale in Marina Puente Romano?
The areas adjacent to the hotel offer two bedroom apartments for sale from €1,200,000. The exclusive penthouses, decorated with the latest trends and direct sea views, can reach up to €12,000,000. Owners in this area enjoy separate swimming pools in each sub-garden and are entitled to the use of the Tennis Club’s gym, hamman and sauna.
How much does it cost to buy a villa in Puente Romano, Marbella?
Villas in Puente Romano, due to their scarcity and rarity, are always priced in excess of €10,000,000. All are strategically located and spacious, with a minimum of 4 bedrooms, private swimming pool and gardens, parking, sauna and even a gymnasium.
Other areas to consider if buying a Puente Romano property is not possible?
Puente Romano is in the heart of Marbella’s Golden Mile. Depending on the type of property and style you are looking for, one of our agents can help you find the best option within your budget and only a few minutes from Puente Romano,areas such as Señorio de Marbella, Coral Beach and La Trinidad are amongst the most sought after developments.
How to access private sales in Puente Romano?
A very limited supply and a constant revaluation increase year after year the demand. Buying a property in Puente Romano is a safe and highly profitable investment, and the limited supply is always complemented by the existence of private sales and pocket-listings, properties that will never be publicly advertised on the market. The exclusivity, discretion and knowledge necessary for this type of operation make it essential to have the help of a specialised real estate agency in Puente Romano.
What do our clients think?
After falling in love with Marbella, we decided to buy a place in the area. After looking at numerous properties, we settled for a lovely penthouse in Puente Romano. No regrets whatsoever! Not only do we love our apartment but we couldn’t have chosen a better area. We are five minutes away from the paseo where we can bicycle or walk along the ocean and stop for a swim along the way. Across the street is the tennis and padel club where we play almost everyday. After lounging at the beach, there are endless incredible choices of restaurants literally next door! Cocktails and diner at Nobu or any of the other great dining options within minutes! We couldn’t have chosen a better spot!
We came to Marbella in the winter of 2021 to escape Covid lockdowns in Canada. We loved the weather and the Golden Mile area and ended up buying a penthouse in Puente Romano. This was one of the best decisions of our life! Life in Puente Romano is easy and sophisticated. A 100 meters walk takes us to the Paseo where we can walk endlessly by the sea or simply go to the beach for a swim in the Mediterranean. There are a dozen top notch restaurants within walking distance from our apartment.We can reach the tennis courts or the swimming pool in a couple of minutes by foot. We have breakfast on our terrace listening only to the sound of seabirds.It is always sunny and warm in Marbella. Hard to imagine such a great quality of life but now it is ours for good!
How can we help you?
Pure Living has been helping national and international clients for over eleven years to find their ideal property in Marbella and, specifically, to settle in Puente Romano. Our consultants are experts in the history of the area as well as its current real estate market. Our agents will guide you through the process of buying or renting in a professional and efficient manner.
Javier is the founder and CEO of Pure Living Properties. Born and raised in Marbella in an entrepreneurial family who settled on the Costa del Sol in the 1960s, when Marbella’s real estate and tourism industry was just a fledgling market, Javier is an expert connoisseur of Puente Romano, which he calls home, and the Golden Mile, but also of the best areas, projects and companies, as their owners and developers have been among his inner circle since childhood.
Properties for sale in Puente Romano
- 5 Beds
- 5 Baths
- 1.022 m² Plot
- 3.995.000 €
- 3 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 281 m² Interior
- 800.000 €
- 3 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 186 m² Interior
- 5 Beds
- 5 Baths
- 420 m² Plot
- 12.900.000 €
- 2 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 150 m² Interior
- 1.595.000 €